Yoga Centers in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is a small town in India located on the banks of the river Ganga or Ganges. Ganga is considered sacred by the Hindus asit is believed that dip in the holy river brings one closer to attainment of moksha. Considered to be the birth place of Yoga, Rishikesh is the land of the yogis or yoga practitioners.
There are lots of Yoga centers in Rishikesh and many of them offer certified yoga courses. The yoga centers are locally known as the yoga ashrams.
Rishikesh became famous worldwide in the year 1968 when the beatles visited Rishikesh to attend Transcendental Meditation training course from Guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Since then people from around the world come to Rishikesh to learn yoga.Steve Jobs, who was a big fan of the Beatles, also visited yoga centers in Rishikesh.
Rishikesh is a great place to meditate, learn yoga and understand Hinduism.
Yoga Ashrams in Rishikesh
Here's a list of some of the famous yoga centers in Rishikesh. You may contact them for accomodation and yoga courses they offer for yoga teacher training.
- Rishikesh Yog Peeth: Offers 200, 300 and 500 hours Yoga Instructor Training Course certified by Yoga Alliance - USA. Location: Krishna Cottage, Swarg Ashram,Rishikesh.
- Phoolchatti Ashram: Located on the banks of ganga, 5 kms from laxman jhula, Rishikesh, Phoolchatti is 120 years old Ashram that offers 7 Day yoga/meditation Programs.
- Braham Yoga Rishikesh: Yoga center in Rishikesh for Kundalini Yoga, Reflexology, Reiki, Panchkarka, etc. Located at Ganga Niketan, Ram Jhula, Rishikesh.
- Ved Niketan Ashram: Located near Swargashram, famous by the name International Vishwaguru Meditation and Yoga Institute. Ved Niketan Ashram offers meditation, hatha, pranayama and philosophy classes.
- Instituion for Higher Meditative Consciousness: Certified Yoga and Meditation classes and Vedic teaching by IHMC.
- Tattvaa Yogashala Rishikesh: This yoga center in Rishikesh is headed by Swami Vishvaswaroopananda. Tattvaa Yogashala offers teacher training and intensive yoga courses.